Business Litigation, Employment Litigation and Counseling & Real Estate and Land Use| [email protected] | Ext. #240
Leslie McAdam is a civil litigator with significant experience in labor and employment, business and real estate litigation. She has particular experience in commercial unlawful detainers and employment matters, including neutral employment investigations
Leslie began her education at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, where she focused her studies on Forestry and Natural Resources. During her time at Cal Poly, she participated in a summer internship as a Wilderness Ranger in Yosemite National Park. She also traveled to Spain, where she studied at the Universidad de Granada and became proficient in Spanish. Leslie then studied law at Lewis and Clark College, where she also earned a Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law. She served as the Associate Editor of the school’s law review, Environmental Law.
After law school, Leslie served as deputy counsel for the Legislative Counsel Bureau, a nonpartisan state agency located in Sacramento. Her duties included drafting legislation relating to energy and the environment. She joined Ferguson Case Orr Paterson LLP in 2002.
Leslie has been named as a Super Lawyer, Rising Stars edition of Los Angeles Magazine every year since 2009. She was also the Ventura County Legal Professionals Association Boss of the Year in 2010. She has volunteered as an attorney at Santa Clara Valley Legal Aid since 2009 and won the State Bar of California President’s Pro Bono service award in 2012 for her work. She lives in a drafty old farmhouse on a small orange tree farm with her husband Tom and their two children.
- J.D., Lewis and Clark College, Northwestern School of Law, cum laude, 2000
- Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law, Lewis and Clark College, 2000
- B.S., California Polytechnic State University at San Luis Obispo, Forestry and Natural Resources, summa cum laude, 1997
- Universidad de Granada, Spain, minor in Spanish, 1996
- State Bar of California, 2000
- Employment Dispute: $2.5 million arbitration award for client employee against major insurance corporation for age and disability discrimination.
- Employment Dispute: Six figure arbitration award for client employee against major pharmaceutical company for constructive termination.
- Real Estate Dispute: Arbitration award for client seller of real property recovering escrow funds.
- Construction Defect: Arbitration award for homeowner clients against driveway contractor.
Professional Affiliations and Honors:
- AV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- State Bar of California President’s Pro Bono Service Award (2012)
- James D. Loebl, VCBA/VLSP, Inc. Pro Bono Award (2012)
- “Super Lawyers”, Los Angeles Magazine Rising Star Edition (2009-2015)
- Boss of the Year, Ventura County Legal Professionals Association (2010)
- Ventura County Bar Association (2002-Present)
- BNI Heritage Valley (2010 – 2014)
- CPA/Law Society Scholarship Committee (Member)
- Ventura County Barristers (Former President)
- Ventura County Bar Association, Former Board Member (Barristers)
- Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association (Former Board Member)
- State Bar of California Sixtieth Annual Bench and Bar Art Exhibit Third Place and Honorable Mention (2012); participant (2011-present)
- Santa Clara Valley Legal Aid (Volunteer Attorney, 2009-Present)
- “Why Do You Do It?”
- “So Your Employees Are Pretty Smart… But Are They ‘Learned Professionals’?” Los Angeles Daily Journal Vol. 124 No.176, September 12, 2011
- “Justifiable Cynicism and Employment Investigations” Los Angeles Daily Journal Vol. 124 No. 110, June 8, 2011
- “How Do You Do It?”
- “Wage and Hour Investigator Just Showed Up… What To Do?”
- “Top Tips For Landlords and Tenants”
- “Meghan and Leslie’s Excellent Art Adventure” (Page 10)