Business Transactions & Real Estate and Land Use | [email protected] | Ext. #231
Mark Barney has over twenty-five years of transactional experience, with a focus on contracts and forming and advising all types of business entities, including corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and nonprofits. Mark also has considerable experience with business acquisitions, employment related contracts, and commercial leasing.
Mark earned his law degree from Santa Clara University in 1990. Mark is certified to practice law in both California and Colorado, where he spent several years as a transactional associate with the Denver firm of Vinton, Slivka & Panasci. He also practiced with the Oxnard firm of England, Whitfield, Schroeder & Tredway.
In his free time, Mark enjoys basketball, traveling, cooking and spending time with his family.
- J.D., Santa Clara University, School of Law, 1989
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, English, 1986
- State Bar of California, 1989
- State Bar of Colorado, 1994
- Representation of clients in multi-million dollar business sales.
- Representation of commercial and residential developers.
Professional Affiliations and Honors:
- ProVisors of Ventura
- American Bar Association
- Ventura County Bar Association, Business Section
- Humane Society of Ojai
- EARS (Emergency Animal Response)
- Youth Basketball Coaching (Ventura Wildcats)
Keynote Speaker: Partnership Dissolutions at Ventura Business Litigation Section Meeting (2009)