Meghan Clark and Michael Velthoen to Present “HR Essentials: From Hiring to Firing and Beyond”
On May 16, FCOP’s employment law partners Meghan Clark and Michael Velthoen will present a half-day seminar for the East Ventura County Employer Advisory Council on the nuts and bolts of handling the employment relationship from the beginning to the end. Topics will include:
- Job applications, interviewing & hiring.
- Disciplining and terminating employees.
- How to prepare enforceable severance and release agreements and arbitration agreements.
- Handling post-employment claims like unemployment, wage and hour.
- How to avoid litigation– and what to do if you wind up in litigation.
- How to develop effective workplace policies, including Employee Handbooks.
- How to handle employee use of technology including e-mails, instant messaging,blogging, and social media.
- Employer obligations in handling electronic and digital information.
Back to News